Saturday, May 2, 2009

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass

This book is odd... Very odd. I understand the reasons behind the story, but it seems overdone. The nonsense is over the top and confusing. It is a classic and that I understand. Far be it for me to claim that this book needs to be stuck off as some nonsense.

I have read this book as a child and now as an adult. I am sure it is not a children's book. The main character may be a child, but the intricacies of the book are too complex for a child. The Cheshire cat is chilling in his invisiblity. It seems strange.

I love the childlike innocence of Alice, I remember playing the same games as a child, lets pretend things like that. I learned how to play chess in year 10. Tweedledee and Dum are hilarious and the poor mad hatter needs to wean off the mercury.

Dont get me wrong, i love this book. Its just very odd.

5 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment