Saturday, May 2, 2009

Books i have to read and more i have to find

1. I am in the process of reading "Delta of Venus" by Anaïs Nin. (keep in mind it is erotica)
2. Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
3. Heavens Net is Wide by Lian Hearn (i have read all of the previous ones and i must finish this one!)
4. The Nether Regions by Sue Gough (i have had this book for a few years and have not been able to sit down and finish it!)

I think that is all for now, we shall see how long it takes me. I am planning to finish off the last of the Merry Gentry series by Laurell K Hamilton (she also wrote the Anita Blake series which I talked about here)

I am up to book 5 - Mistral's Kiss, which means i have only to get 3 more and i am finished!! I own all of the Anita Blake series, it took me 2 years to get.

I have a wishlist of books i wish to read, and i shall post about that soon. I am going to go back and re read books i own very soon.

but for now i leave you with this quote :

Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be
chewed and digested: that is, some books are to be read only in parts,
others to be read, but not curiously, and some few to be read wholly,
and with diligence and attention.
~ Francis Bacon ~


found here


1 comment:

  1. Nice list Christine.

    I wonder how classic novels like Lolita compare to the movie version. I know some do it really well and others are shite (Shipping News comes to mind).

    ReplyDelete